Next Smart Idea: Boot Camp for New Moms
Clinique, one of the most trusted and iconic beauty brands in the world, and TED, the renowned platform for ideas that can change attitudes and lives, have joined forces in honor of smart women making a difference. Who better to have conducted the Next Smart Idea contest - a global competition to source and celebrate ideas that make an impact - and the women behind them!
Hundreds of entries were submitted from around the world, and we’re delighted that Boot Camp for New Moms has been named the grand prize winner! We are honored to have been chosen from so many incredible submissions and thrilled to be recognized as empowering women to improve their lives, their families, and their world.
What's so "smart" about Boot Camp?
Boot Camp for New Moms is a unique experience, where first-time expectant moms interact with new moms ("veterans") and their babies to gain knowledge, insight, suggestions, and encouragement.
Moms-to-be see and hear there's no one, "right" way to raise a baby; the right way is what works best for your one-of-a-kind baby, family, and self. You leave Boot Camp feeling more confident, less anxious, understanding the dad-to-be in your life, and armed with ideas and solutions.
Our women-only group is led by a mom who introduces key topics such as:
- How to inoculate yourself from the guilt, stress, conflict, and common pit falls most new parents experience
- Getting on the same page with dad, before the tsunami hits (instead of at 2 a.m. when the baby has been crying for an hour)
- Solutions for reclaiming your identity, relationship, and independence once the baby is here
- What’s going on with the father-to-be in your life
- How emotional and hormonal changes before and after childbirth impact you as a new mom
- Tips on returning to work, staying home with the baby, or something in between
- Managing child-care, relatives, friends, and more!
There are plenty of resources that tell you what to expect in labor, delivery and baby care, but none that prepare you for the major shifts that occur in life and relationships once your baby is home. That’s like focusing on the wedding and forgetting about the marriage!
Join us at this rapidly growing workshop and get ready for the most transformational time in your life.
Everything you need to know, all in one book.
When will my husband be excited about the baby? Why is my baby crying? How do I figure out what works? Will I ever sleep again?
When you're a new mom, sometimes even making it out the door can be overwhelming. Introducing Crash Course for Moms-to-Be, your source for practical tips and invaluable advice from experienced moms. You can do this!